Frequently Asked Questions
If you referred a friend or activated a new line with Sprint on or before 01/16/2017, click here to register or check the status of your rewards.
Please scroll down to contact us.
Friends who want to make referrals
Who can I refer?
You can refer friends or family who are not currently Sprint customers, and need wireless phone services for their personal use or for their small business use (with under 100 employees).
How do I make a referral?
Sign up for the Sprint Referral Rewards and refer through one of our many referral channels.
How many friends can I refer?
There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends. However, you're limited to a maximum of 10 successful referrals per calendar year, or a $500 annual reward limit.
What does my friend need to do to redeem the referral?
1. Tell your friend they must unlock the offer (by creating a login in the referral system) before they activate their service with Sprint.
2. Then your friend is required to activate new line of wireless phone service at a Sprint-branded store or a participating National Retailer on a qualifying postpaid rate plan with a wireless phone purchased via Sprint's Installment Billing or Leasing programs.
3. After activation, your friend needs to log back into the referral system and provide their mobile phone number within 60 days from the time they claimed their referral offer.
Can I refer someone who I add on to my account?
For the referral program, the add a line feature is not eligible for rewards.
How do I qualify for a referral reward?
The Program is only available for Sprint Consumer and Business Individual Liable, and Small Business Corporate Liable (with under 100 employees/subscribers) wireless phone customers. To participate, you must be a current Sprint wireless phone customer (for at least 48 hours) with a postpaid account who does not have overdue bills and meets all other terms. To qualify for rewards after referral, both you and your friend must remain active Sprint customers and be in good standing at the time of referral reward fulfillment, which may take up to 10 weeks after new line activation.
How long does it take for me to receive my reward?
Reward fulfillment may take up to 10 weeks after new line activation. However, your friend must register with their new Sprint wireless phone number right after new line activation and you both may receive your $50 Prepaid Card in approximately 6 weeks after your friend has completed registration.
Will you give out my friend's contact information?
Can I refer someone who wants to bring their own phone to Sprint?
Sure! The person you refer can either buy a phone from Sprint or may bring their own phone if it can work on the Sprint network, either way you both get a $50 Prepaid Card.
Friends who are referred to Sprint
How do I redeem the referral?As the person being referred, there are three things you need to do:
1. Unlock the offer, within 30 days of receiving your referral message, before you activate your service with Sprint. You can unlock the offer by clicking the referral link provided by your friend or click 'My friend referred me.'
2. Activate new line of wireless phone service, within 60 days after unlocking your referral offer, at a Sprint-branded store or a participating National Retailer on a qualifying postpaid rate plan with a wireless phone purchased via Sprint's Installment Billing or Leasing programs.
3. Right after activation, your need to log back into the referral system and register with your new wireless phone number.
Once all terms are met, your referral will be approved! Reward fulfillment may take up to 10 weeks after new line activation. However, you must register with new Sprint wireless phone number right after new line activation, so you and the person who referred you may receive your $50 Prepaid Card in approximately 6 weeks after you has completed registration if you both remain active Sprint customers and are in good standing at the time of reward fulfillment.
How long are referrals valid?
Referrals expire after 30 days. The person referring you can send you another referral if your referral has expired.
If I was referred by more than one person, can I get more than one credit?
No, sorry, you can only accept one referral offer.
What other requirements to do I need to meet to get the reward?
In order to qualify for rewards, both you and your friend must remain active Sprint customers and be in good standing at the time of referral reward fulfillment, which may take up to 10 weeks after new line activation.
Once I activate my line, am I able to share the program with my friends and earn rewards?
You are eligible to become a referrer after your line has been activated for a least 48 hours.
What if I activate more than one line?
If you happen to activate one line, and add more lines after your initial activation date, we will reward for all subsequent lines that were activated up to 7 days from the initial activation date. If you happen to activate more than one line and meet all the terms for all lines, you will receive $50 Prepaid Card for each line activated.
Can I participate if I am transferring from a different provider?
Yes! If you are transferring your wireless number over from a different provider, please wait until your transfer is successful. We will need your actual phone number, as temporary phone numbers will not be recognized.
Customers and Friends
What if I have referral in process from your previous referral program?
If you referred a friend or activated a new line with Sprint on or before January 16, 2017, click here to check the status of your rewards.
How can I see if I've received my referral credit?
We'll send you an email after the reward has been issued. You can also check for yourself by following these steps:
For Referrers1. Visit the Referral Rewards site.
2. Log in to the Referral Site, and on the page where you can share with your friends, select the 'Referral History' button on the right. From there you will be able to see all the referrals you sent and completed referrals.
For Referees1. Visit the Referral Rewards site.
2. Select the 'My Friend Referred Me' button, and select 'Check My Status'. Follow the prompts, and we provide a status update for you.
If you have further questions about your referral, please complete the contact us form below for help.
Can prepaid customers participate in the referral program?
No. You must be a Sprint Postpaid customer to participate and your friend must activate a Sprint Postpaid account.
What if my question is not answered here?
Please complete the contact us form below.
Have a question about your referral? Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you within 3 business days (usually sooner!). If you have questions about more than one referral, please submit a separate form for each referral.